Sunday, November 7, 2010

Yoga, What A Sin!!!

Trista and I are going to Pilate's classes once a week.  This is our second session of classes.  Of course she has new material for her comedy skits that have anything to do with me.  She actually thought that, after the very first class, I was going to be dumb enough to let her be behind me ever again.  NOT going to happen.  But It's been good for us both.  And we enjoy going together. 

If we miss a class we can make it up.  One night I could not go to our normal 6:00 class.  So I attended the one right after, a yoga class, with the same instructor Ellen. 
Within a day or two of my attending the yoga class, Allan gently explained to me that if you're Christian, it's a sin to do yoga.  That's what a Christian "leader" said.  What a dilemma that presented for me!  Didn't know if I would be able to sleep.  I had unknowingly sinned, thinking I was just getting physically stronger, getting more flexibility, and improving my balance.  And Ellen, my really nice, kind, generous instructor must have really brainwashed me.  I LIKED IT!!  A LOT!

I told my small group at church.  Don't remember if I asked for prayer or just felt the need to "confess".  One of our friends, Brett, wants to get me a bumper sticker that says "Went to yoga class.  And became a Buddhist."  I now think of him as an encourager.  The wise Christian leader would probably view him as an enabler. 

But you know what?  I actually plan on sinning again!!  PLAN  on it!! Trista and I are going to go to two classes a week after the new year.  One Pilate's.  One yoga. I figure I'll try to make up for this sin by trying to love others as I love myself.  I sort of remember or think that is a main Biblical principal.  At least I know that's what Jesus said to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment