Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Additions To My List

 You know, I decided I wanted to continue to look back at 2011 and focus on the positive.  So I took a few minutes to jot down as many pleasant memories from last year as I could recall.  This too, was a good exercise.  It generated a list of things and/or enjoyments that are really worth remembering.  And I can say unequivocally that I am thankful for each.   Here is the list, in no particular order; just as it came to me while brainstorming.    
·         New friends:   Grazia and Bruno from Canada (originally Italy), as well as Anuzia and Carlos from Brazil.
·         Getting back to entertaining: a few small dinner parties and casual supper get-togethers, and a couple of special occasion get-togethers.  It felt good to be interested   in having friends in again.
·         Creative projects that actually kept my attention.
·         Discovering several new, really great 2nd hand places to shop.
·         Healthcare when I really needed it, as 2011 was not my best year physically.
·         Making pasta with Trista and having it hang all over the kitchen!
·         Swimming with her at the Y.
·         Trying lots of new recipes, especially the low-fat and/or vegetarian ones.
·         Making special dinners for Allan, Trista, and Ale.
·         Finding new, super inexpensive décor items for my table settings.  (One of my favorite things to do!)
·         Having Trista and Ale’s dog Tasia still with us at well over 90, in human years.  
·         Lots of new and very interesting books to read.
·         Starting a book group with several really great women friends. 
·         My Nook Color, which I LOVE!  (And which I have now confessed to book group.)
·         Having Naazneen from India join our book group and giving us a totally new perspective.
·         Learning a lot about various Native American tribes.  I’ve really, really enjoyed that!
·         Good shows on the History and Animal Planet channels, along with some new prime time shows I’m enjoying:  Harry’s Law, Person of Interest, and Chopped.
·         Good documentaries, English shows, and movies Allan chose for us from Netflix.
·         The screened-in back porch Ale built and that is totally private.
·         The stream, birds, squirrels, Blue Heron, and badgers that I get to see while enjoying that porch.
·         Having morning coffee on the porch with the tiny brown birds and two squirrels. 
·         Spending time with Isabella, my friend Donna’s 7 year old granddaughter.    And even the opportunity to get sprinkles all over the kitchen!  Not to mention encouraging her in her reading and spelling.
·         Getting to write at times, which I have found beneficial.
·         This “new to me” laptop computer from Trista and Ale.  I can write anywhere!
·         New family traditions for Christmas Eve and February 2nd.  (I intend to write about those.)
·         Educating myself more about hungry children worldwide and getting to do something for them. 
·         Ending the year by doing something special: having a few of my closest friends in for coffee and a light brunch New Year’s Eve morning. 
Wow!   It’s a great list, isn’ it?   An uplifting one, I’m glad to say!  I’m going to do this every once and a while! 

1 comment:

  1. You have done and accomplished a lot -- not the least of which is remembering it all. lol

    ReplyDelete