Saturday, May 19, 2012

A "Friend"?

When I started my blog I explained that I really didn’t like to write.  While I think that probably continues to be true, I have found that writing has become a friend, of sorts.  I realized within the last week or so that when I am unable to write for a while, regardless of the reason, I miss it. I assume that means it is truly meeting a need.  But it feels similar to missing my very good friend Donna when we go for a period of time when our schedules just do not allow us to get together the way we enjoy.  Or when I haven’t seen any number of my other friends for a while, at least not for long enough to really connect the way we usually do.   
I have a number of good things I have been able to take some pleasure in recently.  And I want to share those.  I want my blog to be the record of a journey, one that might be helpful or meaningful to Trista when I am no longer here.  (Oh, how I sound like my mom when I say that!!!)  Allan has taken pictures for me that I need to include with that post and I will do so when I can.   And I have a number of issues I have been thinking about and about which I have scribbled some thoughts on anything and everything I could find at the time a thought or question struck.  I will also try to get my blog updated with the March and April savings for the children.  We are SO pleased with our project.
 For now, I will simply try to get back to thinking out loud through the writing process and include this new appreciation for the beneficial aspects of writing as part of a my journey at this point in life. 
 

1 comment:

  1. I am much less attached to blogging than I once was as I spend much more effort on a photo sharing site, but I do know what you mean.

    ReplyDelete